Friday, January 21, 2011

Watergarden Kafe – Candidasa, Bali

Watergarden Kafe – Candidasa, Bali: "

Watergarden is a popular restaurant in Candidasa, as well as a small hotel. The restaurant is set in a garden of ponds and trees, as well as a large open air dining area. Watergarden sells an International selection of dishes, in addition to fresh baked cakes and pastries. The place seems to offer more ‘specials’ than most other places in the area. During my visit they were having a big paella promotion in the evening, and there was a chalkboard with a long list of the daily baked items.


Indonesian Fried Rice

Indonesian Fried Rice at Watergarden Kafe in Candidasa

For lunch on my visit I decided to try the plain old Nasi Goreng – Indonesian Fried Rice. Sometimes the basic dishes are the best test of a restaurant. The rice was topped with a traditional fried egg and the not-so-traditional fried shallots, with some amping chips on the side. Amping taste like popcorn to me, and I find them just as irresistible. The rice was good and flavorful, with some chunks of chicken and vegetables.


Orange Poppyseed Cake

Orange Poppyseed Cake at Watergarden Kafe in Candidasa

With the long list of fresh cakes on offer, I couldn’t resist a dessert and coffee after my meal. I like poppyseed cake, so I selected the orange poppyseed cake from the list of specials. It was served soaked in orange syrup and honey, topped by two orange segments which had also been soaked in syrup. It was sweet, but delicious.


My meal at Watergarden Kafe was under 100,000 Rupiah (about USA$10). The restaurant is open from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm and has free wi-fi. They advertise free transportation in the Candidasa area by calling 0363 41540.





Share and Enjoy:


Print
Digg
del.icio.us
Facebook
Google Bookmarks
LinkedIn
StumbleUpon
Twitter




"

No comments:

Post a Comment